Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tonight

We were planning to have some friends over for dinner this evening, an occasion we always look forward to, and turns out it will be what I've grown to call a "free night" since there are some other things going on and we postponed our social dinner. So after work, I'm going to Lowes to pick up some drywall and some insulation in hopes of chunking away some more finish work in the garage. Our master bedroom and bathroom are over the garage and the outside wall of the garage is mostly unfinished. As the temperatures have dropped in the last week, we've noticed our tile bathroom floor is a bit chilly early in the morning. I hope that finishing that wall will help keep the garage warmer which benefits both the bedroom/bathroom AND my shop area (a place I spend a good amount of time....). I've built my work benches, peg board space for tools, and some cabinet/shelving areas to help organize the space. Still a ton of work to do, but it's come a long way since 1 May. After the garage, we're going to start migrating effort to the basement. I drew some rough floor plans to help the planning process along and we decided to put in a full bathroom, bedroom, recreation room, and if all goes well, a theater room with 6 seats. Not sure how long it'll take us to get there based on budget, but I have grand visions of the finished product. This blog will serve as the conduit to our progress on the house with the bulk of the pictoral references on FB.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for lending us your wife during this time! I have needed her more than I thought! And that beautiful baby boy...he just makes me smile, something tough to do right now...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! I wish I could be more help during this time, but am never quite sure what to do. Please let me know if there is anything you need other than Alyssa's ears and support. I have a feeling Jonah will be making us all smile for a very long time :)

    ReplyDelete