Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back to Bloggin'

Hey all! It's been a long time since I put some thoughts out there for the blog world to read. I think a quick recap of major events of the last year is a good place to start.

After much deliberate planning, Alyssa and I were finally able to buy a house in May! Not just any house, but THE house that we wanted. We didn't compromise in any area. It's got all the features and potential we listed in our initial planning stages. I sincerely wanted a master retreat as our last place shared the upper bathroom with any guests that came to stay. I had a 2-car garage as the optimum and we ended up with a 3-car tandem thus allowing me to have a "mini-shop" for smaller projects not requiring the more robust capabilities of Michael's shop. The yard could be bigger, but there is plenty of space for Kiwi to run and make messes. Overall, Alyssa has done a wonderful job making it our HOME. Her mom came in and did some serious painting in the first couple days after closing while everyone else helped move us in. We've been slowly getting pictures on the walls and rearranging furniture for the right fit and feel. Still lots of work to do including finishing the garage and the basement, but no hurry on that.


We found out that Alyssa was pregnant last November and changed a lot of our timetables for the house (mainly buying one...) and everything lined up. Jonah Maverick Duncan was born on June 30th @ 8lbs, 7oz and has become the center of our universe (after God and each other, of course!). I fell head over heels in love with him the moment he entered the world. I realized at that second that the 28 1/2 years of life leading up to it were all preparing me for fatherhood. I've learned so much since his birth and he manages to teach me something new every day. He's growing like a weed and he smiles more and more. I'm anxious for his first giggle and his first words. Bath time is his favorite and he's already been on 2 hikes and spent some time in a pool. He's a happy baby and he sleeps almost all the way through the night. Alyssa and I have been truly blessed with this gift and couldn't be happier.


Those are the 2 major events of 2011. We're trying to find a solid schedule and have quite a few activities that keep us occupied throughout the week - work, church, volleyball, shop nights, date nights (not enough of those!), dinner with friends, and time at home as a family. Life is wonderful and God has truly provided for us in ways we never imagined. I give all the credit to Him.

More to follow soon!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back in the blogging world! I can't wait to see what you post. :)

    ReplyDelete