Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fantastic Weekend

I'll always be amazed at how much I can be anxious for a long weekend....and how quickly they always fly by. 96 hours to get caught up on everything; spend time with Alyssa, play games, read, sleep, workout, wax the truck. Somehow, most of that stuff didn't get done and I feel no guilt...instead, I feel sunburned, full, and refreshed. We helped plant the Pruitt garden, ate more grilled food in 4 days than I've eaten this year combined, played some serious Wow, enjoyed some time with the new kittens, hung out with the Grojean clan, (Michael and I finished the final bookcase for a job we started well over a year ago...and the couple who commissioned it was as excited as we were to be done. Nice to finally check that one off the list - though they want us to build they're basement bar for them and that project could very well occupy the next year or so!), an watched a ton of Lost (in a desperate attempt to get caught up). Needless to say, I was NOT ready for this week to start and for all the phone calls and emails that were waiting for me.

On a similar and slightly related note, I have applied for a new job and will hopefully hear something within the next week or so. It's local and in the same field I currently work in - just a different office, chain of command, and set of roles and responsibilities. I'm anxious at the thought of a change of scenery. We'll see what God has in store and run with it when it happens. Please add this to your own prayer lists as well.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure God will open the right door for you and Alyssa. It's amazing how that always happens. We will be praying for you both for God's direction.
    And do the emails and phone calls EVER end??? NO!! lol
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are all your posts on November 22, 2009?

    And wishing you God's will on your new job possibility!

    ReplyDelete