Friday, May 21, 2010

Another busy week

I look at a coming week and am always surprised at how many things are planned...and then more surprised as the week goes on more things fit into the mix.

I had the opportunity to bring Alyssa with me to work on Wednesday. They modified / relaxed some of the security measures to allow friends and family to attend our commander's changeover (4 Star, Air Force). I have wanted to bring her to work for a long time so that she could see the cubicle I spend so many hours in every week, toiling away. I think it's important that she "see" where I'm at so that when I say, "I'm going to run upstairs to get a cup of coffee or lunch," she actually knows where I'm going and can picture it. The Change of Command and retirement ceremony were awesome and included such VIPs as the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (the highest ranking member of the uniformed services), not to mention about 40-50 other General Officers / Flag Officers (GO/FOs). Very cool. They also had some static displays of military aircraft and other miscellaneous vehicles set up for spectators to see. All in all, it took up the better part of my "work day."

As for the coming week, we are trying to coordinate a visit from my sister for Memorial Day. She had some issues with her Toyota Tacoma a couple weeks back and now is driving a newer Ford F150 that she wants to drive out from Kansas City. We're also in the process of re-evaluating our living conditions. I mentioned in a previous blog that we were looking at other houses to rent. We still are, though we've accepted that the path of least resistance is to stay where we're at temporarily or go month-to-month until we find the perfect place. More prayer and discussion are in the plan, that's for sure!

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Is it weird that I love reading your blogs even though I was there for all of the things you are writing about?? Nahh....;)

    ReplyDelete