Monday, October 3, 2011

Productive Weekend and Hello October

I blinked and the weekend was gone. The good news is that a great many things were completed during my blink; new microwave....installed!


Now we can get rid of this little guy:



I finished the 2nd Dominion board which will belong to the Zimmermans - hoping to give it to Barry this week (I had some better pictures and didn't get them sent to my email this morning :( ).



I finished drywalling the garage and most of the taping/mudding in the early hours yesterday morning. (those pics to follow when I don't have the truck in the way).

We spent most of Saturday helping a friend move before Alyssa had to run off to worship practice. Her friend Lauren was kind enough to watch Jonah while we were assisting with the move, so I headed East to pick him up with a quick stop by the woodshop to get some scrap firewood we'd promised them. Ended up with a desk in the bed of the truck along with all the firewood. Yet another attack by the to-do monster as the desk will need some refinishing before it's house-ready. I'll get right on that...(here's a pic of the desk's twin now in use by the Grojean clan -)



Alyssa isn't sold on it yet. I think that after a little sanding and a fresh coat of walnut stain, it'll look great. More on that later.

Perhaps the most important accomplishment from the weekend - we bought Alyssa a brand new car (actually happened Thursday, but we'll count it anyway...). She found herself a 2012 VW Jetta SE (even though she labeled it as a 2010...don't be fooled) We've needed a safety upgrade in the vehicle department desperately and this is exactly what we were hoping for. Top safety rating, looks great, warranty, 3 years of free maintenance, and excellent great fuel economy. It even has a navigation system / DVD player built in. She's happy = I'm happy.

So, pretty good weekend - makes me that much more anxious for the coming 4-day at the end of this week. By default, I should be at least twice as productive ;)

Also, where did summer go?!?! Not only did I blink and miss the weekend, I blinked and missed the summer. Maybe I'll catch it on the next trip around.

No comments:

Post a Comment