Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Running Man

I started running again back in mid-May after deciding I needed to get outside for some of my workouts instead of staying in the basement all the time. So far, I've run between 2.3 and 7.6 miles a couple times a week depending on my schedule. I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel throughout the day after these runs as they're almost always early (4am) in the morning. I hope to keep it up through the winter, but having no treadmill means I'll have to face the cold temps and whatever else Mother Nature throws at me. Colorado winters aren't always terrible; you can count on at least a couple mornings around 0 degrees with patchy ice on the roads.

I ran 3.3 miles this morning - took off at 5 after sleeping in for half an hour. I finished some reading and then forced myself out the door. Most mornings I feel like I could stay in bed til 10 or 11. Guess that's what you feel like when the candle is burning at both ends. Enough whining - I pushed myself hard for the first mile despite a chilly headwind that didn't help with keeping my eyes open. After that it was smooth sailing minus the fact that at 5:15 it's pitch black out and my route passes by 2 street lights total. I REALLY need to get a headlamp and a reflective belt / vest. Running in the dark should be a sport all in itself. Each step is an adventure in road construction especially considering Marksheffel is still under construction and you never know where they put their spare chunks of asphalt, concrete, or dirt. I'm only a little bitter after a run in with some misplaced barbed wire fencing 3 weeks ago....grrrr

So, off to clean up and get out the door for work. Going to the shop tonight to assist Michael and some friends with picture frames and "intro to woodworking" class. Should be a blast. I still owe you pics of the garage....maybe I'll run (ha) out and get a couple shots right now to add to this later. Ok - here are some pics of a shelf I refinished for Alyssa's friend Lisamarie and some shots of the garage (they'd be better, but I didn't want to move the truck and I still have some mudding to do...). The shovel / rake hanger was made from a scrap piece of plywood.




No comments:

Post a Comment